- The Hero/ine - The main character is customizable - though the default name for the boy is Harry and the girl's is Rachel. The boy is determined and inquisitive, while the girl is lively, bright and gentle.
- Camellia - Charles's wife, Camellia helps her husband run the agency. She's extremely hard-working, but loves her family too.
- Charles - The owner of the Travel Agency. He is married to Camellia, and has a daughter who is called Hina. He is a family man and came to the village because he thought it would be best for his young daughter.
- Clement - A chef who owns the local restaurant where Felicity works. He's a good cook, but he often overcooks food, but he'd rather eat stuff than throw it out, which has led to him getting fat. He likes fish.
- Dunhill - Is the Mayor of Echo Village and he also delivers your newspaper until Tina moves in. He likes wine.
- Emma - Yuri's mother, a warm-hearted, laid-back woman who takes care of shipping produce. She's very hard working.
- Hana - A kind-looking old lady, the wife of Kosaburo. She owns the General Store.
- Hina - The daughter of Charles and Camellia. A girl with a lot of energy, she holds her parents in high esteem and also loves to make people happy.
- Hossan - An innkeeper who dreams of being a novelist, he is a happy-go-lucky guy. His son is? Niko.
- Klaus - The doctor, a perfectionist that comes across as strict and hard-hearted but he generally cares for his patients.
- Kosaburo - A man who easily gets angry, but he is actually a good person. An amazing fisherman and the husband of Hana, he sets a shop up in the village when he first moves in. When left alone with a girl, he panics.
- Niko - Toni's best friend and Hossan's son, a kid that acts much like his dad. A big eater.
- Olivia - A slender, exotic woman with long lilac hair. She dresses scrumptiously and talks with the aire of a queen, but hardly ever talks about herself. She owns a tea house.
- Rebecca - A sculptor, Rebecca likes recycling and materials, but hates herbs. Toni is her son.
- Sandra - A witch with an old, slightly ugly appearance. This old lady runs a swap-shop in order to get research materials. Her research is what she likes to boast about!
- Toni - Rebecca's young son, a mischevious little prankster who likes bugs and pudding.
Saturday, 1 December 2012
These are the confirmed bachelors and bachelorettes. Bachelors
- Allen - A confident red-haired beautician who is serious and passionate about his work, specializing in hair styles for women. He sometimes appears selfish to others.
- Amir - A foreign prince. He is a returning character, and was originally from Harvest Moon DS: Grand Bazaar.
- Neil - A serious man who comes off as cold and antisocial, but has a soft spot for animals.
- Rod - He opens a Pet Shop. Rod is an adventurer and an avid animal lover, who likes meeting new people and seeing new places.
- Sanjay - A helpful and modest man from far away. He is a steward devoted to his employer, Amir.
- Soseki - An ex-reporter for the local newspaper, he came to the town for a vacation. He's always worried about his health.
- Felicity - A waitress who likes food and would rather eat food than make it. Despite how much she eats, she hardly ever gains weight. She has a keen sense of taste and is a well-known gourmet.
- Iroha - A diligent blacksmith who trains hard every day and has moved to the village. She likes traditional Japanese food.
- Michelle - A cute, pink-haired, pink-loving magician girl who came to set up a magic act. She seems to have a secret side to her.
- Tina - A gossipy, energetic girl who serves to deliver the village newspaper. She loves sweets.
- Witch Princess - She is the only reoccuring bachelorette to the series, making many other appearances in the series so far. She has the ability to change your appearance, for a price.
- Yuri - A quiet and aloof tailor with a good knowledge of fashion and a love of nature; who is very enthusiastic about her work.
Harvest Moon 3DS: A New Beginning (literal translation: "Land of Beginning") is the newest Harvest Moon game released for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan.
This is a 3DS release only. Unlike Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns, the game will not be released for the Nintendo DS and will only be available for the 3DS.
- The ability to customize your farm and the surrounding town.
- The ability to change your hairstyle by going to the hair stylist.
- New clothing available from the tailor.
- You will date the bachelor/bachelorette that you're after before marrying them. You'll give them a ring, and you will start to date them. The Blue Feather is still used to propose, like most traditional Harvest Moon games.
- Honeymoons and vacations with your family to the Beach, Snowland, Sakura Land, or Ancient Ruins.
- Two new crop species are available: cactus and cotton.
- A new way of fishing with the fish trap.
- Two new animals: yaks and llamas.
- Pets such as cats and dogs get fat if not cared for properly.
- Being able to ride in a panda car!
- Only two Harvest Sprites are available. For the first time, a female Harvest Sprite, called Alice - and her twin brother, a red-wearing sprite named Aaron.
- There are 5 levels of Town wishlists. Achieve each level to get new items and plans unlocked.
- Instead of buying furniture and buildings, you can buy blueprints from Rebecca and build things yourself if you have the materials.
- There is only one house expansion available.
- Interacting with other players through Nintendo Network.
- The ability to play a song on musical tree stumps which allows you to unlock new areas.